4301 Browns Point Boulevard NE
Tacoma, WA 98422
Pastor Karen Bates Olson firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Twogood, Katie Olson, Church Office Admins: email@example.com<
We are a Reconciling in Christ Congregation
As such, we uphold the words of the Apostle Paul: “In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female.” (Galatians 3:28) Christ has made us all one. We believe that this oneness extends to all persons regardless of gender identity, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identities, or religious, economic, or political affiliation.
Resurrection Lutheran Church is looking for a Part-Time Office Admin.
This position reports directly to the Pastor with Council oversight.
Primary Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Open and close the church office and the church itself
- Answer the phone, welcome visitors, direct requests to appropriate persons and respond to questions as necessary.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Check and notify Pastor/others of voicemail messages.
- Maintain office equipment and office supplies.
- Produce weekly bulletins and Power Point slides for Worship, under pastoral direction.
- Produce weekly calendar updates for email and mail to the congregation.
- Meet with Pastor weekly to review priorities and keep awareness of Pastor’s schedule
- Design, assemble and distribute monthly congregational newsletter.
- Maintain confidentiality and remain flexible and hospitable even under pressure.
- Greet and engage with visitors – you are the face of the congregation to the pastor and community.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in English
- Previous office experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently under the direction of the Pastor
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Ability to become proficient in the use of church management software
- Enthusiastic attitude and possess a positive outlook towards others
- $15.00 per hour. No medical benefits.
- 16 hours per week; 10am to 2pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Paid sick leave and vacation following a three-month probationary period.
To apply, please email a brief cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled. Applications received before September 10, 2019, will receive priority consideration.
OUR MISSION: “Gather, Grow, Go!”
Our Worship is liturgically casual, Sacramental, and centered on the grace given in Christ. Our music and songs are uplifting, and both contemporary and traditional in scope. The sounds and movements of children are welcomed and celebrated.
All are welcome!Learn More
Outreach is a major focus for Resurrection Lutheran Church. We offer support and services for our community and in the wider world. Learn More
We have opportunities for growth in faith and fellowship through worship, music, and groups.Learn More<
Pastor Karen Bates Olson